Health Information Manager to join our Medical Records team!
About the Role
In this role you will support the Director of Finance and ensure data is collected, collated and managed in line with hospital and relative legislative requirements. You will be required to provide accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures using current coding standards.
Your Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role, you will be an experienced coder with highly developed interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities. You will be a team player who is passionate about collaborating with all departments and other Ramsay hospitals to achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
- Diploma/ Bachelor of Health Information Management (or equivalent)
- Eligible for membership with Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA)
- Effective communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- A minimum of 2 years of hospital medical records coding experience across a variety of specialities
- Previous private health experience
- Advanced skills at data collection and interpretation
- Knowledge of health fund contracting experience
What’s in it for you?
- Extensive Professional development?programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Flexible work opportunities – have a say in your roster times
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with Accor and Quest Hotels and Qantas Club membership fees
- Discounts on personal car hire from Hertz
- National scholarship program available to support your career progression
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
- Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal and financial assistance
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
About Our Hospital
North Shore Private Hospital is a 312-bed acute surgical and obstetric facility which performs most surgical specialties including cardiothoracic, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, advanced general and colorectal, urology, spinal surgery, paediatrics and Robotic Surgery. Our hospital offers the latest in cardiac technology combined with first-class standards of accommodation. The theatre complex consists of 20 operating theatres and 3-day surgery theatres.
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For any enquiries please contact: Emma Quoy via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Thursday the 14th of December 2023