Cardiac Catheter Lab.
Part time opportunities or job share - have a say in your roster!
The Northern Private is a brand-new Ramsay Hospital highlighting the best of patient care and digital transformation.
About the Role
- In this role you will work as a member of the Cardiac Services clinical team by supporting theatre personnel to prepare the operating theatre environment for procedures, including the positioning of the patient, whilst respecting and ensuring patient safety and dignity is maintained at all times. These services include coronary angiography and percutaneous intervention for coronary and non-coronary applications (congenital and valvular), electrophysiological testing and ablation with 3D mapping systems, and device implantation (pacemaker, ICD).
To succeed in this role, you will be an enthusiastic individual with a passion for customer service who enjoys being part of a busy ward. You will bring experience in technical clinical support ideally within acute care. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills and should be comfortable working in a diverse team of doctors, nurses, pathologists, and non-clinical staff.
You will also bring:
- Support experience either in a medical setting or a patient-facing role
- Tech experience within a Catheter Lab will be highly regarded
- Certificate IV in Cardiac Technology required
- Certificate III in Operating Theatre Technician Practice or equivalent will be highly regarded, though not essential
- Pacemaker implant testing - testing and, if necessary, reprogramming implanted cardiac pacemakers with computerised equipment
- Cardiac catheterisation - monitoring and recording ECG and blood pressure data
- Electrophysiology studies - using computerised systems to record ECG data from within the heart in order to help diagnose and, in some cases, treat abnormal heart rhythms.
The flexibility to work a rotating roster including evenings will be key to this role.
Northern Private Hospital will be a premier, state of the art facility. Located in the Riverlee New Epping precinct, 18km north of Melbourne’s CBD, the hospital will open in early 2024.
Northern Private Hospital will ensure the growing and diverse community can access high quality private health care, it will support the busy co-located public health system, and provide Specialists and healthcare professionals new opportunities in an expanding market.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practicing the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
What’s in it for you!!!
- Work in a NEW state of the art facility!
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Professional development programs
- Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Study leave
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Paid parental leave
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Part time / Job share
All applications must be lodged online.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months.
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
Enquiries are welcome! Please contact Tracey Tormey via TormeyTracey@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: 1st January 2024