Pindara Private Hospital, Benowa
- Permanent part-time opportunities (52 hours per fortnight) - Enjoy flexible hours for better work life balance!
- We care about YOU! Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal & financial assistance
- Enjoy exclusive benefits such as paid parental leave, study leave and the option to buy extra annual leave.
About the role
We are actively looking for an enthusiastic Speech Pathologist to join our Allied Health Team at Pindara Private Hospital.
- The role primarily encompassed the management of Speech Pathology services for acute medical and surgical inpatients, with potential involvement in rehabilitation patient care.
- The position forms part of a job-share arrangement and involves operating in a sole-practitioner capacity covering all clinical areas.
- The position requires staff to autonomously manage a diverse and complex acute care caseload. Rostering for this position may include weekend shifts at times.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Approved degree in Speech Pathology
- Demonstrated high-level skills and knowledge in Speech Pathology management of acute medical, surgical and rehabilitation patients, with at least 2 years of relevant experience strongly preferred
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated excellent organisation and workload management skills
- Availability to work additional hours to assist with periods of staff leave cover is strongly preferred.
- Competency with tracheostomy and Video Fluoroscopic Swallow Study (VFSS) is essential.
- Experience with Fibreoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) is desirable.
Remuneration: Salary commensurate with experience.
About the Hospital
Owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, Australia’s largest and most respected private hospital operator, Pindara Private Hospital is centrally located in Benowa on the Gold Coast. Pindara Private Hospital has established an excellent reputation in the community for its high commitment to customer service, staff satisfaction and quality improvement.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Free access to permanent employees Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs.
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
All Applications must address the selection criteria in the cover letter.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please do not hesitate Paul Hunt - Allied Health Services Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 12 December 2023