- Permanent, full time or part time role here at NSW’s largest private hospital
- Work with our passionate, new leadership team & alongside collaborative friendly colleagues
- Multidisciplinary collaboration with other healthcare experts for holistic care
Taking care of people is our reason for being?
At the Sydney Adventist Hospital, fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients – and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.?
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are?????
- As a not-for-profit organisation, our team members can increase their take home pay by salary packaging living expenses of up to $9,009 per FTB year???????
- Access to a tax-free meal, entertainment & venue benefit card valued at $2,650 per FBT year???????
- Ample paid parking options onsite at very reasonable prices
- Up to 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport along with access to our ELIA Wellness Program at discounted rates
- Employee Assistance Program
- Various amenities on site including, numerous cafés, gift shop, florist, hairdresser and even a heated swimming pool
We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it?
What you’ll be doing in this role
Our Allied Health department, now under new management, is looking for a full time or part time Speech Pathologist to join our dynamic team consisting of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, exercise physiologists and therapy assistants delivering evidence-based patient care.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team as a speech pathologist to provide excellent, evidence-based patient centred care
- Provide high quality assessment & treatment for swallowing disorders, and speech and language problems for required inpatients
- Managing a clinical case load efficiently by using your time management and prioritisation skills
- Contribute to department innovation and professional development
- Wholeheartedly contributing to a culture of excellence and continuous quality improvement
- Actively contributing to a culture of comradery and teamwork
Who we’re looking for
- Have current or previous skills working in speech and swallowing assessment and treatment
- You'll demonstrate excellent communication skills – both written and verbal skills
- Your friendly, can-do and positive attitude when working with others with the desire to go ‘above and beyond’ when interacting with patients, their families, visitors, and your colleagues
- The ability to be collaborative, adaptable, work well within a team environment, along with being able to work independently
- Have the ability to take initiative and employ independent professional judgement as needed
- Be empathetic, systematic, detail-oriented, and prepared to embrace Adventist Healthcare’s everyday values of excellence and integrity
Adventist HealthCare owns and operates San Day Surgery, Hornsby, and the Sydney Adventist Hospital (fondly known as the San), NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital with a dedicated team of 2400+ employees, over 1000 Medical Officers, and 300 Volunteers. Founded in 1903, we are a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation that’s progressive and purpose-driven. We’ve been advancing healthcare and delivering exceptional outcomes for generations – and thanks to our investment in technology, education & research, we’re proud to be at the very forefront of our field.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police Check & Working with Children’s Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email.? Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.?
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Allied Health Manager
Phone: (02) 9480 9335
Applicants will be reviewed as they are received and progressed to interview and appointed if deemed suitable. Therefore, we encourage you to Apply Now to avoid disappointment.??
Noted applications will not be reviewed on public holidays.
Wishing you all the very best for the festive season and the New Year ahead!