- Clinical Nurse – Diabetes
- Join Australia's leading private health care provider and make a difference to our customers health journey daily! Permanent Part Time opportunity!
- 32hrs/fortnight permanent - up to 48hrs/FN to cover leave as required.
About the role
We’re seeking an experienced and professional Diabetes Clinical Nurse to join our dynamic and innovative team.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and friendly team responsible for:
Providing individualised diabetes education to hospital in-patients with diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, Drug-induced, Surgically-induced), both long standing and newly diagnosed;
- Initiation of insulin therapy; commencement of blood glucose monitoring and review of self-management skills are among the day to day tasks;
- Link patients with appropriate organisations to help facilitate diabetes self-management;
- Provide patients with equipment and consumables to continue with self-management on discharge;
- Be involved in discharge planning for patients who require assistance with diabetes management at home;
- Liaise with the multidisciplinary team to provide appropriate diabetes management for inpatients;
- Involved in the delivery of education to clinical staff and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
To be successful in the role, you will be flexible with shifts and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will also have the following:
- Relevant AHPRA registration – Registered Nurse with a minimum of 5 years’ clinical experience;
- Credentialed Diabetes Educator with ADEA (preferred)
- Graduate Certificate in Diabetes (or working towards)
- Understanding and skills in management of CSII therapy (desirable)
- Advanced understanding of ANMC competencies as per nursing registration
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Positive role model with highly developed clinical skills and advanced skills in nursing assessment
- Organised, efficient and professional with strong team skills and customer focus
- Ability to work both autonomously and within the multidisciplinary team.
$54.72- $58.82+ superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances. (QLD Clinical Nurse/Midwife Level 2 gr1-gr4)
Greenslopes Private Hospital is proud to be one of Australia’s leading private teaching hospitals. Located on the south side of Brisbane - Greenslopes Private is renowned as a world-class tertiary medical facility offering the latest treatments and first-class service to our patients.
The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
- Free Parking
- Childcare on site
- Access our flexible work opportunities and have a say in your roster times
- A great work culture and a friendly and supportive team
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Free access to 18,000 upskilling courses via a LinkedIn learning subscription
- Professional development programs
- Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Study leave
- Discounts off hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Car servicing discounts on Mazda vehicles
- Salary sacrifice opportunities eg, airport lounge membership, self-education expenses and more
- Tech discounts on Microsoft and Apple purchase
- Paid parental leave
- Corporate rates on Hertz car rentals
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Community service leave
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Kirsty Prescott, Clinical Education, Graduate & Student Program Manager on Email: PrescottK@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications - 04/01/2024