- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Free parking, a wide range of in hospital services and regular subsidised social activities
- Great location! Nestled in a hilltop position with sweeping ocean and rural views
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic professional to join the management team at John Flynn Private Hospital.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Administration Manager is responsible for providing effective management and direction to all reception and clerical staff, ensuring efficient operation of the front office area and provision of high level administrative and reception services to the Hospital.
Duties will include:
- Provide support, assistance and leadership to staff as required
- Ensure that customer standards of the team are delivered in accordance with required standards
- Ensure all Health Fund checks and eligibility checks are done in an accurate and timely manner, adhering strictly to established policies and procedures
- Ensure efficient document control measures are maintained across the department
- Ensure that the administrative functions support the clinical functions, and all requests for service are undertaken and met in a timely manner
To succeed in this role, you will have exceptional communication skills, coupled with the ability to lead, motivate and support others to achieve results. Your commitment to delivering exceptional customer service in line with our Ramsay Core Values will also be key to your success.
Key Skills and Experience
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Previous experience in a hospital environment
- Experience working with Patient Administration Software (preferably Meditech)
- Knowledge of health fund contracting system
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office package)
- Knowledge of Private Health Care System
- Tertiary qualification in health management or related discipline or a proven record of success in managing a complex range of services in a health environment
Why Choose a Career with Us?
We believe our people are our most important asset. That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
Ramsay has a great range of employee benefits including:
- Employee Assistance Program - access free counselling and wellbeing services 24/7
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
- Extensive Professional development?programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Flexible work opportunities – have a say in your roster times
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels
- Discounts on personal care hire from Hertz
- National scholarship program available to support your career progression
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
John Flynn Private Hospital is a 354 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, which is on the southern end of the Gold Coast, within 5 minutes from the Gold Coast Airport. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Tracey Thorpe, Director of Finance and Hospital Support Services
Applications Close Wednesday 20th December 2023
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com