- Hone your skills as part of our dedicated, multi-disciplinary team
- Learn and grow with us, we offer support for professional development
- Our hospitals “open door” policy means you always have access to your manager
About the Role
Cairns Private Hospital has an opportunity for a Clinical Nurse to join the team on a permanent part-time basis, 64 hours/fortnight on our 6-chair oncology/haematology/infusion unit.
In this role you will:
- Support the Nurse Unit Manager in achieving quality patient outcomes in the Unit
- Be involved in day-to-day problem solving within the clinical setting
- Foster a positive, friendly and supportive culture within our dedicated and professional nursing team
- This is a direct leadership role, and you will be mentoring and supporting the front-line team members within their roles
- Excellent and flexible work hours
- Join an excellent team of established nurses
This role requires a compassionate individual with suitable skills and competence to work as part of our Oncology team. To be successful you will have exceptional communication abilities and be dedicated to providing patient focused care.
You will also demonstrate:
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Oncology
- Must have completed the ADAC training
- IV and CVAD competent
- Post grad qualifications desirable
- Competent in chemotherapy administration
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and maintain good working relations with others
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
- Demonstrates excellent time management, clinical problem solving and organisational skills
A base hourly rate ranging from $52.86 - $56.83 + superannuation, based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
Why Join our Team?
We believe our people are our most important asset. That is why we work hard to foster a positive, supportive and inclusive culture across Ramsay Health Care.
We offer a great range of employee benefits including:
- Employee Assistance Program - access free counselling and wellbeing services 24/7
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
- Extensive Professional development?programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Flexible work opportunities – have a say in your roster times
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels
- Discounts on personal care hire from Hertz
- National scholarship program available to support your career progression
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
Noosa Hospital is an acute care facility with a reputation for providing high quality and compassionate health care services to the Sunshine Coast community. The Hospital is located just minutes from the heart of Noosa and caters for both public and private patients. The hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Lou Townsend, Nurse Unit Manager
Applications Close Thursday 21st December
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com