- Full-time, part-time and casual opportunities, with generous salary packaging available
- Supportive highly experienced leaders who prioritise your growth & wellbeing
- Advance your career & broaden your knowledge, being exposed to cutting-edge tech
Taking care of people is our reason for being?
At Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAH), fondly known as the San, taking care of people is our reason for being. It’s what drives us to deliver exceptional outcomes for our patients and it’s a shared sense of purpose that extends to everyone who works here too. When you work for the San, you’ll feel valued and supported by our strong commitment to learning, flexibility, great benefits and a positive culture of teamwork and cooperation.
Some of the exceptional employee benefits we offer are??
- As a not-for-profit organisation, our team members can increase their take home pay by salary packaging living expenses of up to $9,009 per FTB year???
- Access to a tax-free meal, entertainment & venue benefit card valued at $2,650 per FBT year???
- Ability to access our paid continuing education allowance for Post Grad Qualifications?
- Up to 14 weeks paid parental leave for permanent employees
- An additional paid leave day each year??
- Beautiful, leafy campus with ample discounted parking
- Discounted gym membership for you and your family, using Fitness Passport??
- We have many other benefits as well, to see a complete list of all our other Employee benefits and discounts, visit Working with Us - Why you'll love it
What you’ll be doing in this role
You will be part of our passionate and dedicated Orthopaedic team, who take great pride in delivering the highest levels of quality clinical care to our patients during recovery and treatment following surgical procedures and acute admission. We provide a supportive, friendly, caring, and comfortable environment for our patients, families, and our team members.
Reporting to the Nursing Unit Manager and working collaboratively with the Clinical Nurse Educator, Clinical Nurse Specialist, and Shift Team Leaders. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Assessing, planning, coordinating, and evaluating the care needs of each individual patient
- Delivering exceptional evidence-based nursing care and monitoring to patients
- Wholeheartedly contributing to a culture of clinical excellence and continuous quality improvement
- Actively contributing to a culture of comradery and teamwork
Who we are looking for
This role is open to both Registered and Enrolled Registered Nurses who meet the following criteria:
- 12 month post graduate experience in clinical setting with post qualification experience in an acute care unit
- If an Enrolled Nurse, you would have completed HLTEN519 “Administer and monitor intravenous medication in the Nursing Environment”
- Flexibility to work across a variety of rotating rosters (including morning, evenings and night duty)
- You’ll have an interest in Orthopaedics (even if you have experience), but have a desire to increase knowledge and skills in this area to progress your career
- You’ll bring excellent clinical skills and have recent surgical/medical nursing experience and highly competent in the administration of medications
- You’ll be systematic, able to prioritise tasks but also have initiative and critical problem-solving capability
- You’ll be adaptable, willing to learn, and work in a team-orientated, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with demonstrated experience considerately & professionally communicating with patients, their families, visitors and colleagues
- You will hold a current AHPRA registration
About Adventist Healthcare
We are NSW’s largest and most comprehensive private hospital (700+ beds) with a dedicated team of 2400 team members, over 1000 medical officers and 300 volunteers. As a not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare organisation advancing healthcare since 1903, we have a proud history of delivering outstanding care and we are at the forefront of our field with best in-class technology and game-changing research.
What to expect
Please know that employment with Adventist Healthcare requires:
- A National Police and Working with Children Check
- Two professional working reference checks
- At least 2 COVID-19 vaccinations with 3 doses preferred
- Completion of NSW Health DETECT, Between the Flags Program and Bloodsafe Clinical Transfusion Practice programs, prior to your start date.
- Other pre-employment screenings as required
How to apply
If you see yourself in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Just click on the ‘Apply’ button, fill out your details and submit. Once you apply, we’ll keep you up to date on how your application is progressing via email.? Please note: Only applicants via portal will be accepted.?
If you’d like to chat with one of our team members about this role, then please contact:
Nursing Unit Manager
Please note: It is our intention to hire this role in 2023. We will be actively reviewing resumes and interviewing candidates prior to 22nd December, before the HM goes on leave. If needed, we will continue the recruitment process on Thursday 11th January 2023 after our short Christmas holiday break.
Wishing you all the very best for the festive season and the New Year ahead! ??