Grade 3 Occupational Therapist – Inpatient Rehabilitation
Permanent full time (76 hours/fortnight) position
Join a supportive multidisciplinary team working in the inpatient rehabilitation setting on our 60 bed rehabilitation unit at Beleura Private Hospital.
About the Role
We require an enthusiastic and motivated Grade 3 Occupational Therapist to join our experienced and supportive Allied Health team in this vital leadership role.
The successful applicant will be a clinical specialist and team leader within the Rehabilitation Service. You will work alongside the multi-disciplinary team to provide clinical Occupational Therapy services to clients using advanced clinical practice skills. The clinical caseload will comprise rehabilitation focusing on orthopaedics, spinal surgery, cardiac surgery, medical/reconditioning, and neurology.
At a Grade 3 level, the Occupational Therapist is required to provide clinical leadership, supervision and mentoring within their own discipline, whilst also contributing to the development of the Allied Health service and clinical programs. It is an expectation that the senior clinician will lead administrative portfolios, quality improvement initiatives and/or research projects, and ensure that Occupational Therapy practice within the department is evidence-based.
To succeed in this role, you will bring a strong clinical skillset along with a passion for client care and a high standard of customer-focused service in line with Ramsay's core values.
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, MOT prac or recognised equivalent.
- Full registration held with Occupational Therapy Board of Australia.
- Member of OT Australia (or eligible for membership).
- Current Victorian Driver’s License (unrestricted).
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
- Flexibility to work across hospital sites and work rotating weekday and weekend shifts.
- Relevant clinical experience in Occupational Therapy, including a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a similar rehabilitation setting.
- Well-developed leadership skills, including the ability to undertake professional supervision and promote professional competence of other Occupational Therapy staff members.
- Demonstrated skills in the evaluation and implementation of evidence-based practice and modification of service delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to the principles of continuous quality improvement.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork, and a proven ability to relate effectively to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Sound skills in organisation, planning and prioritisation.
What’s in it for you?
- Extensive Professional development?programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with Accor and Quest Hotels and Qantas Club membership fees
- Discounts on personal car hire from Hertz
- National scholarship program available to support your career progression
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
- Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal and financial assistance
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For any enquiries please contact: Elise McCulloch on (03) 5971 0576 or via McCullochE@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: Monday the 8th of January 2024