Patient Care Assistants to join our Environmental Services Team! Casual opportunities available
JOIN US NOW AND ACCESS:
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more.
About the Role
As a Patient Care Assistant, you will be responsible for patient assistance and assistance to clinical staff within the hospital environment.
This will involve tasks including patient transfers, patient lifting using aides, and response to emergencies.
This position is also responsible for cleaning of the department; including terminal cleans post discharge of infectious patients.
The successful candidate will have the ability to read and follow instructions, policies, duty lists and document incidents, hazards and other work-related information and upgrade skills in an ever-changing environment.
This role will suit a people orientated person with a high level of customer service.
You will also;
- Be able and willing to work a rotating 7-day roster AM/PM shifts.
- Hold a Class C ‘Open’ drivers’ license.
- Demonstrated knowledge of infection control and cleaning procedures
- Developed understanding of conflict resolution and de-escalation
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For any enquiries please contact: Steven Drummond via DrummondS@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: Monday the 25th of December 2023