John Flynn Private Hospital has two casual positions available to join our friendly and inclusive Catering Team!
About The Role
Our John Flynn Private Hospital caters to a wide range of nutritious meals to patients. In our Catering team, you will work alongside a fast-paced team that thrives on delivering exceptional customer service in line with our Ramsay Core Values.
This role will involve:
- Dishing up patients’ meals on out tray line and serving our patients throughout the Hospital
- Maintaining food hygiene, a clean working area and safety practices
- Assisting the broader team as required
- Stock management
- Availability across a 7-day roster, including morning and afternoon shifts
Your Skills and Experiences
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and the ability to remain calm under pressure. You will also be punctual, reliable and with a commitment to genuine, friendly customer service.
- Previous experience in a kitchen or hospital environment essential
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene principles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Compliance with HACCP, Food Safety and Workplace, Health and Safety
- Certificate II or Certificate III in Hospitality (desirable)
A base hourly rate ranging from $24.54 - $27.30 + superannuation and applicable penalty rates, dependent on relevant experience and skills.
Why Choose a Ramsay Career?
- Be part of a caring and constructive organisation culture
- Have your unique strengths recognised and valued!
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Be supported to grow your career through professional development opportunities
- Employee recognition and rewards programs
- Interested in upskilling? Access clinical, managerial & leadership programs!
- Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal and financial assistance
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
About the Hospital
John Flynn Private Hospital, owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, is a 354 bed, acute care hospital located at Tugun, on the southern end of the Gold Coast. The hospital provides services to the population of the Gold Coast and the Tweed Coast extending into the NSW Northern Rivers area.
With more than 30,000 employees in Australia, as well as hundreds of facilities across 10 countries, Ramsay is proud to be a leader in providing world-class health care. Our international footprint offers a wealth of professional opportunities to suit any stage of your career.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19, a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
All applications must be lodged online. Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
For enquiries, please contact Daniel Walker, Hotel Services Manager
Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com