Permanent full-time or part-time opportunity for experienced clinical coders to join our team! Apply now and expand your career across our national network, with access to Ramsay benefits!
About the Role
Joining our close-knit Health Information Services team, you will;
- Provide accurate and timely coding of diagnosis and procedures using current coding standards
- Provide support to the Health Information Services Manager and ensure data is collected, collated and managed
Your Skills and Experiences
- Clinical Coding qualifications from Health Information Management Association of Australia (HIMAA) or equivalent, or Bachelor of Applied Science (Health Information Management)
- Minimum 3+ years of coding experience in an advanced surgical hospital
- Sound and updated knowledge of ICD-10-AM 11th edition and Australian Coding Standards
- Sound and updated knowledge of Medical Science and Medical Terminology
- Ability and willingness to take on continuing study
- Knowledge and understanding of DRG and Casemix
- Knowledge and understanding of current Privacy legislation
- Ability to liaise with clinicians and hospital staff about coding and documentation requirements
What’s in it for you?
- Extensive Professional development?programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Flexible work opportunities – have a say in your roster times
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with Accor and Quest Hotels and Qantas Club membership fees
- Discounts on personal care hire from Hertz
- National scholarship program available to support your career progression
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
- Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal and financial assistance
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance - you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
About the Hospital
The Hospital is owned and operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. We have been focused on delivering high-quality patient care and practising the Ramsay Way philosophy of ‘People Caring for People’ since 1972. Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety. Details of our commitment are set out in our Code of Conduct, available at www.ramsayhealth.com
How to apply
All applications must be lodged online.
Applications made by recruitment agencies will not be considered.
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases.
For any enquiries please contact: Megan Peisley via PeisleyM@ramsayhealth.com.au
Applications close: Monday the 25th of December 2023